Thursday, September 9, 2010

Homemade Turtles

A few weeks ago for Ladies' Night we had a "Bring Your Best" night where all of us brought one dish that is known throughout for being delicious!  My dear friend Brittany brought homemade Turtles.  They are heavenly so I am sharing the recipe.  They are so amazingly simple and as I was telling my hubbie this morning, the hardest part of making them is unwrapping the rolos.
You begin with these, tiny pretzels you can get from any grocery store.
You can either buy a bag of individually wrapped rolos or buy the rolo candy bars.  Either way you need one rolo per pretzel so it depends on how many you would like to gorge yourself with!           






 Next step is pretty darn simple!  Just unwrap the rolos!

 
Next step:  Place a rolo over top of each pretzel.  Put them on a plate that is microwavable and then microwave until the rolos have melted over top.  I waited until the rolos were wilting and then used my very clean finger to tap them and they melted the rest of the way.

 Here is what they look like after they've been microwaved.  Now my family is not a fan of nuts, so I left them off but...if you are a nut fan...stick a half pecan on top of each pretzel/rolo combo before you let them cool.  ENJOY!!!!