Friday, April 1, 2011

Las Vegas 10th Anniversary

 Here we are in Vegas, ready for a week of relaxing and enjoying a good friendship.  We decided to celebrate our 10 year anniversary early with our dearest friends, Crystal and Steve.  We had 5 whole days of bliss awaiting us in Las Vegas!
 The first night we were there we met up with my brother Zane and his wife who were in Vegas for their anniversary.  We watched the Sirens of Treasure Island show (lame) and then we went to the old strip, also known as Freemont Street where we saw a tribute to Queen on the megatron screen up above the buildings.  That was awesome!
 Now, Steve and Will had to have their picture taken with this person and I had no idea who he was until they said he is from an Xbox game.  It all suddenly made sense from there.  Boys.
 Our second day was mostly for the touring of the Coca Cola factory and the M&M factory.  We were able to take some pictures and sample every kind of M&M known to man except for crispy M&Ms which did not make me a happy camper!
 At the Coca Cola factory we bought the sampler pack which comes with 16 samplers of Coca Cola flavors from all around the world.  Unfortunately not all of them were very savory, mainly something called "Beverly" from Italy...it was awful!  It was like drinking vomit.  No joke!
 We also made our way to the Hard Rock cafe where we had a tour of the third level which is where a lot of memorabilia of celebrities is kept and also where private concerts are held for VIPs when they are in town.  So Will and I decided to take a photo in the VIP lounge. 
 A lot of walking is done in Vegas on the strip so every night after we returned to our hotel (the Tahiti Village) we would change into our suits and hit the hot tub.  It was always too hot for me so that is why I am barely sitting in it in the photo...we did meet some interesting character in the hot tub.  Did I mention we happened to plan our vacation during spring break?  Didn't think that one through very well did we?
 Did we ever have some interesting experiences at the restaurants we chose to eat at?  Strange looks when you told your waitress that you don't drink alcohol or the amount of smoke you inhale into your lungs when you aren't even the one smoking.  The highlight of our eating had to be at Dick's, the shame o' the strip.  I'll let you figure out that one.
 You know, I still can't figure out why Will doesn't like to show affection in public.  It's not like I embarrass him, is it?  Here we are in the Bellagio!  We decided to some souvenir shopping and during a photo op where I'm sure I was supposed to look like an adoring wife, I instead tried to lick my hubbie's face.  Hmm.
 
This, my friends, is what I do in the car on the seven hour car ride back to Utah after a five day weekend in Vegas.  That's right people!  Candice was pooped!  Whoever is laughing right now, yes, I do sleep with my mouth open and am not ashamed to admit it!